As an organization dedicated to supporting teachers, Harbor Freight Tools for Schools’s thoughts are with educators and young people as they adjust to teaching and learning outside of their schools during this global public health crisis. We are deeply grateful for and inspired by the way educators and families are working together to keep students learning.
We want to do our small part to support skilled trades educators as they cope with this crisis. Here are five ideas for teaching the trades online and remotely from a Prize for Teaching Excellence winner, our partners and our team:
- CTE Online: CTE resources and community, recommended by Peter Wachtel of Camarillo High School in Camarillo, California
- Student-Centered Responses: Recommended and created by our partner Big Picture Learning
- EdSpace: Recommended by our partner Real World Scholars—a social network for teachers
- Petersen Automotive Museum: Recommended by our team, online children’s lessons and livestreamed tours that can be repurposed for high school
- EdgeFactor: Recommended by our team—educational videos that are ordinarily behind a paywall are now free, including several on the trades
In coming days, we invite you to check our website for more resources—we’ll keep a running tally of teacher-driven ideas here on our website. We also hope you’ll email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resources, or to join the conversation on our social media channels, linked below.
Next week, we will start accepting applications for the 2020 Harbor Freight Tools for Schools Prize for Teaching Excellence. The $1 million cash awards are our way of saying thank you and honoring skilled trades teachers. Now more than ever, we want to show our gratitude and share some good news. We’ll email you when applications officially open, and we hope you’ll apply and share with your colleagues.
We wish everyone health, safety and security during these challenging times.
Harbor Freight Tools for Schools